I love styling details on the wedding day! It’s my creative warm up and it also gives me a glimpse into the style + feel of the wedding day, which allows me to figure out how to document the rest of the day for a look cohesive. I bring a fully stocked styling kit to every wedding, so that I can ensure my clients’ styled detail shots are absolutely beautiful – even if their details are minimal. So what exactly is in my styling kit, you ask?
- Multiple Heirloom Bindery styling boards in a variety of colors
- Multiple Olive and Oak styling mats in a variety of colors
- Multiple Illume Silks styling cloths in a variety of colors
- An heirloom BHLDN hanger for the wedding dress
- Silk ribbon in a variety of colors found on Etsy
- A variety of small dishes in silver, gold, and ceramic found on Etsy
- Vintage stamps in a variety of colors + designs
- Multiple Mrs. Box ring boxes and Bark and Berry ring boxes in a variety of colors
- Styling blocks from Sourced Co
- Decorative scissors
- Oyster shells
- Wax seals
- Floral pin frogs
- Various odds and ends that I’ve collected over the years
I always encourage my couples to also request some styling blooms from their florist, so that I can use fresh flowers in their styled detail photos. Most florists are more than happy to provide the photographer with a few extra styling blooms and, in my opinion, those styling blooms allow me to really create some GORGEOUS detail images! Even if your florist wants to charge you for the extra blooms, it’s definitely worth it if you can fit it into your budget!
I love being able to give my couples the peace of mind, knowing that I will bring all kinds of styling elements to help pull their details together and tell a visual story. DCW couples don’t have to worry about a thing! I bring it all! A little ribbon, some stamps, a beautiful ring box… these simple things can really elevate those styled detail shots and I think it’s something that sets me apart from a lot of other photographers. I take great care in styling details on the wedding day – and my styling kit is an essential part of telling my clients’ story!