I love styling details on the wedding day! It’s my creative warm up and it also gives me a glimpse into the style + feel of the wedding day, which allows me to figure out how to document the rest of the day for a look cohesive. I bring a fully stocked styling kit to every wedding, so that I can ensure my clients’ styled detail shots are absolutely beautiful – even if their details are minimal. So what exactly is in my styling kit, you ask?
- Multiple Heirloom Bindery styling boards in a variety of colors
- Multiple Illume Silks styling cloths in a variety of colors
- An heirloom BHLDN hanger for the wedding dress
- Silk ribbon in a variety of colors found on Etsy
- A variety of small dishes in silver, gold, and ceramic found on Etsy
- Vintage stamps in a variety of colors + designs
- Multiple Mrs. Box ring boxes in a variety of colors
- Styling blocks from Sourced Co
- Decorative scissors
- Oyster shells
- Wax seals
- Various odds and ends that I’ve collected over the years
I always encourage my brides to also request some styling blooms from their florist, so that I can use fresh flowers in their styled detail photos. Most florists are more than happy to provide the photographer with a few extra styling blooms and, in my opinion, those styling blooms allow me to really create some GORGEOUS detail images!
I love being able to give my brides the peace of mind, knowing that I will bring all kinds of styling elements to help pull their details together and tell a visual story. DCW brides + grooms don’t have to worry about a thing! I bring it all! A little ribbon, some stamps, a beautiful ring box… these simple things can really elevate those styled detail shots and I think it’s something that sets me apart from a lot of other photographers. I take great care in styling the bride + groom details on the wedding day – and my styling kit is an essential part of telling my clients’ story!